In order to save audiobooks to your Wish List you must be signed in to your account.Log in Create account
Gift audiobook credit bundles
You pick the number of credits, your recipient picks the audiobooks, and your local bookstore is supported by your purchase.Start gifting
Social Security Disability Revealed
A former Social Security Administration (SSA) attorney goes behind the scenes to show you why it’s so difficult to win a Social Security Disability case. Working as an Attorney Advisor for over 10 years, the author drafted and reviewed thousands of disability decisions. During this time, he learned why the system is stacked against the claimant throughout the process. After he left SSA, he wanted to make this knowledge available to everyone.
Written in 2022, the author reveals the inner workings of the disability system, explaining how the system works – and doesn’t. Using hypothetical examples and a glossary, this book breaks down the complicated disability rules, timelines, jargon, and processes.
After reading this book, you will better understand what claimants go through, why the Social Security regulations make it so difficult to file and win a disability case, and what you can do to improve your chances of success. The author presents the timeline of a typical case, and takes you through a disability hearing. These insights will help you protect your rights, and will help you present the best possible case to the Judge.
Topics covered include:
- Why most disability claims are initially denied
- How to find a disability representative, how they get paid, and why having a representative can improve an applicant’s chance of success.
- How the agency incentivizes Judges to deny claims
- How to appeal a denial
- The levels of review of a disability application
- The difference between the two Social Security disability programs
- The process SSA uses to decide disability claims.
- The types of medical evidence that help prove disability claims
- How the current Social Security Disability system is broken and inefficient, and recommendations for improvement.
Spencer Bishins is an attorney licensed to practice law in Florida and Washington State.